Saturday, September 5, 2009

Take the Time

Ever heard the phrase "If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all?" I feel that has become our motto.

Over the past year a myriad of personal "tragedies" have overtaken our lives. Each one in it's own way devastating. Each time we survive only to find ourselves thrust into another "tragedy". A recap, if you will:

Two weeks ago tomorrow, Caleb broke his wrist. He is doing much better but the break ended his football season.

Two days ago, Tyler was rushed into emergency surgery to remove his appendix. It was on the verge of rupturing (fortunately it didn't) and needed to be removed quickly. The day started like any other, only his stomach was hurting. By noon he was being admitted to the hospital and by 2:30 he was in surgery. He is resting comfortably (as much as possible) and waiting to be discharged. It looks like he can go home tomorrow. The surgery has effectively ended his football season also.

Over the past year the events that have taken place in our lives seem to overwhelm us at times. It all began with a family member trying to take her own life, a month later my father-in-law passed, a month after that I was hospitalized for several days, our finances have been hit hard, I have had major back issues (which look like surgery will be needed), and then Caleb and Tyler with their latest injuries/illnesses.

I feel strongly that everything happens for a reason. I believe that God will bring me through it all and I will be a stronger person. I believe that as bad as it seems, things could be so much worse. But most of all I believe that I have the best family a person could ask for and without them I would not be able to survive. God is always by my side and without Him nothing is impossible. I feel the same way about my family.

Take time to hug your loved ones. Take time to tell your children how much they mean to you. Take time to call an old friend. Just take the time.

Have a great labor day weekend.
Chris

No comments: