Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What a day - go make a memory


I had one of those days...the kind where you think it just can't get any worse and it does. The kind where I just need to sit and hug my boys and make a new memory.

When we finally got home from the football game and they were working on homework we were talking about things that they used to do. Some of my favorite and not so favorite memories are:

The way Tyler used to say flyswatter..."flaaashwater". He sounded like he was raised straight in the heart of the south. I am still trying to figure out the south of where!

The way when Tyler was little he would want to watch the ultrasound video of Caleb and he would say "I want to see my little brudder's heawt beat". On the video the doctor check Caleb's heart and he had turned the volumn up so you could see Caleb's heart and hear it beating. Tyler loved watching it.

The way when Caleb was a baby and Tyler would let him suck on his chin...gross I know but still one of my favorite memories.

The sound of my boys laughing - the big deep belly laugh. Even to this day - I love hearing them laugh.

The way, when Tyler was a baby, he would want to sleep beside my and would fall asleep rubbing my face.

The way Caleb had to have someone playing with him all the time - he still does.

The deep blue of both of my boys eyes.

I laughed when I thought about the time Tyler stuck the toy arrow (you know the kind with the suction cup on the end) to the TV and tried to remove it with his mouth - unsuccessfully. This was an emergency room trip! He ended up with a large whole in the back of his throat - it healed on its own.

I laughed again when I thought about the time I had to pull off of the side of the road because Caleb had stuck a jawbreaker (the mini-gobstopper kind) up his nose and couldn't get it out. With a little innovation - mom to the rescue - out it came! Thanks to the big brother for that idea.

My heart hurt when I thought about the time Tyler got hit in the back of the head with a metal baseball bat by a friend not paying attention and it was a trip to the emergency room. Fortunately it was only a knot and nothing major. Just a major scare for mom!

Both boys have broken their collar bones in the last three years - but again, we are fine.

My point is - my memories with my boys are priceless and wonderful - whether they are good or scarry. I need to remember them and love them. Hug your babies, hug your family. They are too important to let the days slip by without letting them know it.

Go make some memories.

No comments: