Monday, June 29, 2009

14 Things I Love about Tyler

Today is my oldest son's 14th birthday. I honor of him, I am listing 14th things I love about him.


  1. His smile

  2. His laid back attitude

  3. His thoughtfulness

  4. His willingness to let me kiss him, even when his friends are around

  5. His hugs

  6. His love for his family

  7. His sense of adventure

  8. His blue eyes

  9. The way he sleeps with his arms over his head, still

  10. That he loves my hamburgers more than anyone elses

  11. His laugh

  12. His willingness to accept everyone

  13. The way he acts like he doesn't love his brother, but if someone is picking on him he steps in and sticks up for him

  14. That is he my son!

Tyler, I am so proud to be your mom. Each of every day you do something that amazes me. It is so hard for me to believe that you are growing up so fast. I am so afraid to blink, before I know it you are going to be a grown man on your own.

Hold fast to the person you are. You are very special and unique. Never let anyone change you. The best things that have ever happened to me are you and your brother. Thank you for being wonderful and being my son!

I love you more than you can ever imagine. One day, when you have your own children you will begin to understand the depths of my love.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is so sweet. Now that I am a mom, I totally understand how much you must love him. Happy Birthday to Tyler! :)