Friday, October 2, 2009

Lottery



Yesterday was a very rough day. I left work early because of my back pain. Fortunately, I have a great boss that has been very understanding of my situation. She was great about me leaving early and even indicated that if I needed to be off Friday, to let her know.

On my way home, I received a phone call from a number that I did not recognize. Due to the insurance situation I have been answer ALL calls (even though my habit is to not answer any call I do not recognize.)

Thank GOD I answered this call.

On the other line was Bruce from my insurance company. Bruce informed me that he had good news. Inside I felt like dying. I did not want to get my hopes up for another failure. Bruce informed me that the external review APPROVED my surgery! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

Then the tears began to flow! I was so happy that I had to pull off to the side of the road because I was crying so hard. The difference this time is they were HAPPY tears! I immediately called my husband to tell him the good news. Because I was crying he instantly said "they denied it again, didn't they?" I cried and cried and said "No...it has been approved. I get my surgery!"

I called my boss to let her know and I had the same reaction from her. She wasn't sure what was going on because of the tears! She sent this e-mail out to my co-workers:


OH HAPPY DAY!

The surgery has been approved! Chris called and wanted me to tell everyone thanks for the prayers. She was so happy, she was crying tears of joy.

Thanks be to God!

When I returned home, I sent a text to many of my family and friends to let them know the good news. I then called the doctor to reschedule the surgery. The next thing I did was call Patsy at Dr. Lilo's office. I wanted to thank her for all her help! Without her and many others this would not have been possible. I am so very thankful.

This has been such an emotional journey for me. I had finally come to terms with such a major surgery, only to have those crushed. I have been hurt, angry, frustrated, depressed, and any other emotion I could muster. Now there is joy! Although, I am still in significant pain, knowing that I am one step closer to healing makes me feel better.

My surgery has been rescheduled to October 27. I have three weeks to get caught up on homework, laundry, dishes, work, and life. Then I begin another journey of healing.

With all this "good luck", I think I might try the lottery!

Chris

No comments: