Thursday, August 28, 2008

(Caleb at age 3 giving me his typical look)

So today, my 10-year old, Caleb called me (like he does most days) around 3:30. We go through the typical conversation "How was school today?", "Fine", "Anything interesting happen today", "No"...as so it goes. But I was a step ahead of him today because I had received an email from his teacher! Apparently, today was not a good day at school. He had to miss recess and write an apology note to the library aid.



I tried to coax out of my son the events that transpired during the day...but all I could get was "It was a good day, Mom", "Nothing happened Mom" "Yes I'm sure!!" as I continued to question him. Not until I finally let him know that I already knew he had gotten into trouble did he start to spill the beans.



When is he going to learn that mom ALWAYS knows!!!

No comments: