Friday, May 22, 2009

Older girls


My youngest son has a major crush on a 16 year old. Caleb is fascinated with her. She rides the same bus that his dad drives. Each day Caleb would watch her walk up the steps until she found her seat. One day she finally asked him why he stared at her every day. He immediately turned red and looked out the window. From the day on, Caleb began talking to her. She always talks to him.

She plays varsity softball for the high school team. Caleb plays baseball in the little league major division. The past couple of games, she has had one right before his. She will spend a little extra time to watch my son bat and then leave.

Last night was no different. She had a game (on the diamond across the ball park from his diamond.) When her game was finished she walked over to see him field and bat. Caleb has had a "down" streak lately. He has struck out almost every time his has been up to bat. Last night, with her watching, he cranked it out into center field...HUGE hit! He also knew she was standing there.

I talked to him after his hit and asked if he saw her. He said "yeah, mom!" I gently reminded him that she is 16 and he is 11. He once again told me..."Mom, that is only five years difference. Amber is seven years younger than dad." I explained as you get older that is fine, but when you are his age, it doesn't quite work.

To put it into perspective to him I said "Caleb, a 16 year old dating you, is like you dating a 6 year old!" I thought he could understand that. He simply said to me "It's different and anyway, older girls are way hotter, mom!"

I am in so much trouble!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That is so funny!!! You are in trouble!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny!