Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Work time humor


Well, today was a funny day for me...so I thought I would share with the rest of you...so laugh with me :)

We had a birthday pitch-in at work. We were celebrating birthdays of two of our co-workers. Granted their birthdays were last month, better late than never, right. In all seriousness, we have tried, I think 5 or 6 times to plan this celebration and have had to cancel it over numerous things. We finally settled on today. So the deal was a pitch in celebration. Each of us had to bring a food item that began with our last name. Sounds easy right...then we were told that we had to MAKE it, we couldn't buy it. Okay, typically not a problem, but I am a little overwhelmed with stuff right now and have zero extra hours in my day. We had refried beans - for R, BBQ Beef, for B, macaroni, for M, German Chocolate Cake for G, Jello for J, and so on.
So, me, being the person that I am told the other person on our committee that puts this kind of event together, that I was bringing "mayonnaise" since my last name begins with an M...she told me mayonnaise doesn't count...so I brought Mustard. :)

Not really, I brought muffins and melons...but it was sure funny when I told her that this morning.

Second funny thing today. I was looking at my job description and the VERY first thing listed is "to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere". I started laughing hysterically. Again, for those that know me, know that I am not exactly warm and welcoming before 10:00 a.m. (I am as long as you don't talk to me!) Anyhow, it made me laugh.
It gets better though. Then I read that I only have to be "warm and welcoming" 5% of the time. Seriously...it says that on my job description!!! We decided the office gets 45 minutes a day of "warm and welcoming" and then we narrowed it down to 5 minutes an hour. If you miss those 5 minutes, your screwed - LOL! I am seriously just kidding - but I laughed so hard I almost cried today. I don't think it really means that and I bet it gets changed real quick but it made me laugh all day!
Enjoy your week and be warm and welcoming - at least 5% of the time!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I can honestly say that there are weeks that you go beyond the 5% ... and there are those other weeks that you barely reach 5%! HAHAHA! I love and miss you anyway.