Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More waiting

I filed a 2nd appeal and it was initiated and completed yesterday. I was told they would let me know their ruling as soon as possible. Hopefully I will hear something today.

The 2nd appeal consisted of me answering some questions from a panel of doctors and them reviewing my medical records. It also consisted of me providing additional information that was not in the original packet of records.

In the meantime, I am struggling with the pain. It starts off quite severe in the mornings and I am unable to take my pain medication because I haven't eaten. Once I eat, I try to take 1/2 a pill to get me through the day. It ends up making me quite nauseous and doesn't help the pain most days.

At night, I eat dinner and take a whole pill. By the time it takes affect, I am unable to do much other than go to bed. The nausea if awful and is impossible to function because of it. So, between the pain and nausea, I am not sure which I choose.

No comments: