Saturday, January 31, 2009

Feeling sorry for myself


It's a feeling sorry for myself kind of day.

Yesterday, my husband had to take me to work because our road was COMPLETELY drifted closed. If I would have tried to drive onto our road, I wouldn't had made it 3 feet before my car would have become buried in the snow. Fortunately, he didn't get called to take a generator to Kentucky during the night, so he was home to plow out the road to take me to work.

Okay...on to my whiny day today.

My car is the devil. I mentioned the other day that I despise my car. If you follow me on facebook, you will also remember that I said my car is the devil. Seriously people, my car is the devil.

Every Saturday morning, I get up at 6 a.m. so I can drive to Kokomo for an 8 a.m. class. This morning I get up and walk to the kitchen, get my keys out and hit the remote start. Nothing. I hit the remote start again. Nothing. I hit it one more time. Nothing. Ok, now I am irriated. So, I go to bedroom, grab my pants, socks, shoes and coat. Quickly get dressed, grab my keys and go outside to start my car.

I put the key in the ignition, wait a few seconds and then turn the key....CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK is all I get. Are you serious??????? I have a full tank of gas - the radio, lights and everything else work. What the heck!!

I go back inside, wake my husband up and tell him the devil car won't start. So he tells me to take his truck.

I drive his truck to Kokomo and on the way home HIS truck starts missing out on me!!! I think the devil has been indwelt in his truck now!

I give up.

My devil car has the charger on it, his devil truck is in the driveway and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks for listening (and please remember - it's all in jest :)

No comments: