Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thankful

Yesterday was a pretty bad day. I think the stress of the last few months has finally caught up with me and my wonderful husband got the full force of it.

So, to counter my whiny, negative post from yesterday, I want to post things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my husband - I truly do not know what I would do without him. He is the other half of my soul. We are so connected to each other, it is incredibly scary.

I am thankful for my children - I love them more than life itself. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them. My life has never been the same since I became a mom and for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for my mom - she is beautiful and kind. I miss her everyday. I know that she loves living in Florida but if she ever gets bored with it - she can always come home. I know that I take for granted that she is just a phone call away but I miss her - especially when I have bad days like yesterday - but I miss her everyday.

I am thankful for my dad - he is one of the most generous people that I know. His heart is so kind and he is so full of love. There isn't anything that he wouldn't do for someone. I don't want to even begin to think of the day that he won't be here. I am thankful for every day that he is still with us.

I am thankful for my friends - I don't spend much time with them anymore and for that I am sorry. Life seems to get in the way of that. My friends are very important to me. They make me laugh, they listen, they care and they are there when I need them. I in turn are there for them. My friends, I love you and need to be better about keeping in touch.

I am thankful for past friends that I have recently gotten back in touch with. There is nothing like reconnecting and seeing what your friends have been up to.

I am thankful that I have a warm home. Some people don't have this and it's something that I take for granted.

I am thankful that I have a job. I get frustrated easy and tend to think I don't get paid enough (which I don't) but I have a job which is much more than many people have nowadays. For that I am thankful.

I am thankful for my God. Without Him, my life would mean nothing. He is my rock and salvation and keeps me centered. During good times and during difficult times He is there for me. I need to keep this first and foremost and by doing that I cannot fail.

I have so much more to be thankful for but this post has already turned out longer than what I had planned.

I will add one thing...I am thankful that my hair no longer looks like this! I wouldn't be able to afford the hairspray!!

I would love to hear what you thankful for!
Have a wonderful week!

No comments: