Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I "got it good"


For those who might not know it, today is April 21. In my little neck of the woods we had sunshine, rain, snow, and hail today! WHAT?? Yes, you read correctly...snow and hail! I understand April showers bring May flowers, but what the heck does April snow/hail storms bring? Igloos??

The reason I know it is spring and mother nature does not, is because I spent my weekend at the baseball diamond and the race track. Caleb has four baseball games this weekend and Tristan raced Saturday night.

An update...I have had two shots in my back recently for the extreme pain. Neither one of them worked. I started physical therapy last week and so far it isn't working. Today, it actually feels worse than it did a few days ago.

A few prayer requests...one for Glen. He is still unemployed and it is really taking a toll on things. Not us (we are wonderful), but with my position at work (which is highly underpaid) things are getting difficult. Also, this week (Friday) would have been Glen's father's birthday. It will be a difficult day for my husband.

I can't think of a whole lot to post about tonight, but I wanted to give a quick rundown.

Oh, congratulations to Rodney Atkins for his latest #1 hit. "It's America" reached #1 on the Billboard country charts. This marks his 5th #1 in a row! If you haven't had a chance to get the CD, you should. It's pretty amazing. One of my favorite lines from the CD is "Yeah I forget how good I got it sometimes, How lucky I am just to be alive. Oh I pass through a prayer to the Man upstairs, Just to thank Him like I should, Let Him know I get it, I got it good."

We should all remember just how good we've got it.

Enjoy your week,

Chris

2 comments:

Katie said...

AMEN! We are SO lucky just to be alive! Nobodys life is easy but it is what ya make of it! Love ya and I will be praying and thinking of you and Glen this week!

Carrie said...

Hey! Your blog looks great!
We had hail, snow, rain and rainbows here in South Whitley yesterday. BLAH! 70 tomorrow tho!
MISS YOU!