Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Anniversary


My husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday! If you ask him, he would tell you it was our 35th. There are days it feels like it has been 35 (even though I am only 34!) But you try being married to him :)

He actually planned a date for us. Okay, for those who don't know us will think the next statement that I am going to make is weird, for those who do know us might think it's weird also, but will understand it. We had all four boys Saturday, so he had to find someone to watch the boys while we went out. He informed me Friday night that Angie would be watching the boys for a few hours Saturday. This really isn't unusual because Ang watches the boys quite a bit. It is unusual because she would be watching the boys for us to go out on our anniversary. (For those that don't know Angie is Glen's ex-wife!) So, his ex-wife is watching his step-sons so he can go out with his "new"-wife for their 5 year anniversary.
Makes perfect sense in our world and we like it that way!!!

Angie stopped by the house to pick Logan up for his football game and right before they left, Logan rolled Glen's pinky finger up in the window. Not good. Pretty sure it is broken. Great way to start date night!

Anyway, we go to Logan's (the youngest of the boys) football game and Angie's boyfriend is actually there also (his name is Scott). Logan's team won and Angie and Scott took the boys with them after the game. We told Ang we would give her some money for Tyler & Caleb to eat when we picked them up. (That was when we thought they were going to McDonald's - turns out they went to Lonestar...okay we need to rethink that money thing!)

Off to dinner we went - well not exactly. We had to go home, shower and change. We actually dressed up for a date!!! Okay, now off we go. Ruth's Chris steak house (we had a gift card). We get there and walk in the wrong door. We seriously are not used to these kinds of places. They are able to seat us early. The hostess, the person pouring the water and the server all tell us happy anniversary! AWWWW, how sweet.

We had a nice private table in a little corner. It was so beautiful. Candles on the table and everything. I got a nice glass of wine. Okay....we ordered our steaks. Atmosphere is set, husband is holding my hand, looking in my eyes and then...in walks a group of probably 7 boys/men together. One of them says quite loudly "I want to sit in that corner so if I blow chunks I can blow it on all of you guys - ha ha ha!!!" Way to ruin my atmosphere!!!!

Last point of my story. We get our steaks. They are absolutely perfect. Filets so tender you can cute through them with a fork. I realize what my husband is about to do and I panic. I look at him and say very quietly, "You cannot ask for ketchup." (He puts ketchup on his steak - it is disgusting). He says to me "WHY NOT!" I said "This is the type of a place that actually has a chef, a real chef, not someone they just hire off the street and it is an insult to the chef to ask for ketchup for your steak!!!"

Several minutes pass and he is quietly eating his steak (with a very pouty face) and he looks at me and says "I really want to insult the chef!"

You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy! Seriously,
I think I have been married to him 36 years now!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Haha! My dad puts ketchup on his steak too. Come on people!

Have a great time tonight. Don't do anything I wouldn't do ... :0)