Thursday, November 13, 2008

CMA Awards

I watched the 2008 CMA Awards last night on ABC. Most of you know that I was watching to see Rodney. He was nominated for New Artist of the Year and he was going to be debuting his new song. This is the first time that he has been asked to do that. But I have always watched the awards show. Even before I became a huge fan of Rodney.


Photo Credit: Donn Jones/CMA
Rodney Atkins singing his new song
"It's America"

It is always fun to see the performances and what everyone is wearing and see who wins. It's always fun to see if you can guess the winners. Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong.

These were the big ones: (winners in bold)

Entertainer of the Year
Kenny Chesney (my choice)
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Sugarland
Keith Urban

Female Vocalist of the Year
Alison Krauss
Miranda Lambert
Martina McBride
Taylor Swift
Carrie Underwood (my choice)

Male Vocalist of the Year
Kenny Chesney
Alan Jackson
Brad Paisley (my choice)
George Strait
Keith Urban

New Artist of the Year
Jason Aldean
Rodney Atkins (my choice)
Lady Antebellum
James Otto
Kellie Pickler

Vocal Group of the Year
Eagles
Emerson Drive
Lady Antebellum
Little Big Town
Rascal Flatts (my choice)

Vocal Duo of the Year
Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn
Montgomery Gentry (my choice)
Sugarland
The Wreckers - why were they nominated they aren't even a duo anymore!!!

Single of the Year(Award goes to Artist and Producer)
"Don’t Blink"Kenny Chesney
"Gunpowder & Lead"Miranda Lambert
"I Saw God Today"George Strait (my choice)
"Stay"Sugarland
"You’re Gonna Miss This"Trace Adkins

Album of the Year (Award goes to Artist and Producer)
Carnival Ride Carrie Underwood
Cowboy Town Brooks & Dunn
Good Time Alan Jackson
Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates Kenny
Troubadour George Strait (my choice)

Song of the Year (Award goes to Songwriter and Primary Publisher)
“Good Time” Alan Jackson EMI-April Music/Tri-Angels Music
“I Saw God Today” Rodney Clawson/Monty Criswell/Wade KirbyBig Red Toe/Extremely Loud Music/Steel Wheels Music/Blind Mule Music (my choice)
“Letter To Me” Brad Paisley EMI-April Music/Sea Gayle Music
“Stay”Jennifer Nettles Jennifer Nettles Publishing
“You’re Gonna Miss This” Ashley Gorley/Lee Thomas MillerEMI Blackwood Music/Songs of Combustion/Sea Gayle Music

Oh and WFMS won large market station of the year. You can check out their website here (www.wfms.com)

I personally LOVED the show and enjoyed ALL the performances. I loved the red carpet. It was just a fun night to watch. It looked like all the artists enjoyed theirselves. The new songs were great to hear and I can't wait to start hearing them on the radio. Now for my beef...

Okay...I have read tons of reviews of the CMA's but I am ticked. There is one review in the LA times that BLASTS almost every one of the performances of last nights CMA's! Seriously folks. I watched them last night and the sound quality was the best it has been in a LONG time. A few people had problems but not near as many in the past.


The show was better and so many people had GREAT new songs. I loved so many of them. I am finding it hard to understand first off why LA would even be interested in country music - this obviously isn't their lifestyle - but don't criticize us for the way we live and what we listen to.

They are so out of touch that one photo in the review shows a picture of Carrie Underwood clutching the ACM statue with the heading "Carrie, Paisley & Chesney win at CMA's"....at least upload the right photo from the right awards show!!!!
Then they called Brad & Keith the most "LUKEWARM PAIRING!!!!" seriously...seriously....UGGGGHHHHHH
Okay...you can read it - here is the link.

I am going to stop typing cause I just keep getting more upset.

(this is for the blow by blow literally of the performances)


(this is for the photo and "lukewarm quote)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I thought it was a great show, too. And I was wondering that about the Wreckers, as well... why would they be nominated if they're not a group anymore (and haven't released music in over a year)? Weird. I absolutely loved Rodney's new song. Can't wait for his new album! :)