Thursday, November 6, 2008

Changes


What a week! This has been something that truly is hard to put in words. Something that is going to be hard to explain to my children - hopefully they understand the importance of what we are a part of. I truly didn't realize the magnitude - the impact this week had on the world...not only me, my children, my friends and my country...but the world.

I was reading the news, the day the country "changed" and it hit me when I read of election parties - in London, Kenya, Australia, Japan, Iraq and other countries. It hit me when I saw the tears of joy in others eyes as we elected a new leader of our country. This change doesn't only effect us - it has a significant impact on the world. They had an interest in what is going on and the cared the outcome. They may not have voted - but they were right there watching until the very end...awaiting the results.

I loved the passion that people had for this election. The passion that each person had for the candidate that they supported. I wish that everyone had that passion every election day. Maybe if we, as a nation, had that kind of passion wouldn't be in the kind of mess we are in right now. Maybe, just maybe, we might have paid attention in each previous election and made better choices. I am not saying what is right and what is wrong, but we need to have passion about our country. We need to have passion about our leaders. We are so fortunate that we get to choose who leads us.

Okay - off my soapbox.

This week was another change week for me. My son, Tyler, went to the doctor to determine what kind of meds he needed to start. He has been diagnosed with ADD. After years of struggling with his grades and his inability to focus - we made a tough choice - but we feel the right one. He is starting the meds tomorrow. I pray that this is the right choice. In the process of taking him to the doctor, we found that he is now 5' 8". At the beginning of the summer - he was 5' 6". He grew 2" this summer. At the end of last summer he was only 5' 3"...he needs to SLOW down. He is only 13!!! I am not going to be able to keep him in any clothes at this rate!!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great post; how true it is! And great picture to go along with it. ;) lol

Good luck with helping out your son Tyler. I hope the meds help him out!