Monday, December 22, 2008

Slowly but surely...I think

Day four after surgery and man, I still hurt like crap. This is supposed to be minor, just a small procedure done as an outpatient. I have so much sympathy for those that have to be opened all the way.

Yesterday, I spent a little time moving around the house. I was maybe up for a total of an hour and a half to two hours. I was pretty worn out by the end of the day. Today, I moved around quite a bit more, went into town with my husband and I feel like I have been hit in the stomach by a sledge-hammer. Holy cow!

Tomorrow, I go to the doctor for my follow-up appointment.

I can tell you this, I am sure glad they moved the surgery up instead of two days before Christmas. I would have never made it on Christmas morning!!

Speaking of Christmas...it is a bit bittersweet this year. We are missing my father-in-law terribly. The money situation doesn't help with anything. This will probably be the smallest Christmas our boys have ever had.

But, with the grief and slow economy, we have so much to be thankful for. We have a warm home. We have our family, which we love dearly. We have food in our cabinets (most days - lol). Best of all, we have our Lord and Saviour.

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's to a bright and wonderful new year! May each of you be blessed with love, health and happiness!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope you have a great Christmas, and that you're feeling much better by then! :)