Thursday, December 4, 2008

Still Waiting

I am now living by one of my favorite songs..."If you're going through hell". The song seems to fit my life recently.

I know things will get better but there are days when I stop and ask WHEN. Between Glen struggling to find work (the bills are still coming in), the kids and their grades, my school work, my sister and her struggles, my father-in-law passing away, and now a mystery illness for me. I keep saying my shoulders are only so big.

Each day without my father-in-law is a struggle. Because he was in our "backyard" we miss him terribly. There isn't a moment that passes that we don't talk about him or think about him. The other day, Glen dropped something off to me at work and I instantly looked in the passenger seat for Neal...he was always there. Today, we sold his Blazer. He hated that thing, but it is still another thing we have to let go of. We have been cleaning out his home and the emptier it gets, the harder it gets. It seems so final.

Any extra prayers are appreciated for our family. I know soon things will begin to look up. I am still waiting.

No comments: