Saturday, December 20, 2008

Surgery Update

Okay, I had surgery on Thursday to remove my gall bladder. Today is Saturday and I feel like I was hit by a mack truck. Between the gas they can't remove after the surgery and just the pain of having an organ removed, it's pretty awful.

My husband has to actually help me get in and out of the chair that has become my home since Thursday. You know, you don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles until they have been cut into.

Here is hoping tomorrow is a little better than today or yesterday. And that the surgery actually took care of the problem. I won't know that for a while, when I actually begin to eat again.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow, they got you in quick! I had surgery last year to a remove a cyst and the ovary it was on... the cyst being half the size of my head! They had to make a large incision in my abdomen to remove it, so I totally feel your pain! It's not easy at all, between not being able to get around, and being SO tired. But I hope you're able to heal fast, and that the surgery will fix the problem!