Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another day


I have officially been back in school a week and I can tell you that I am really not ready for it. The classes that I am taking at AU are a bit more challenging this semester...think Psychology people!! Then to top it off I have my Anatomy and Physiology class on Saturdays. To start that class out - I didn't have the correct book or lab book. I spent the whole class Saturday with a strange look on my face. Apparently, not all Ivy Tech campuses use the same ANP book - which is strange. Since I bought my books here - they weren't the same as in Kokomo...uggghh!!!

Now, I have the correct lab book and worked on my Saturday homework for an hour already tonight. I also worked on my HR homework for an hour. I haven't touched my Rhetoric and Research homework or Pyschology homework tonight.

I spent 2 1/2 hours last night working with Tyler on his homework. It's unbelievable the stuff they are working on in 7th grade. We worked on Algebra for over an hour and then some crazy Language Arts stuff that I couldn't figure out. I did find out today that it wasn't for a grade - but he will be getting extra credit for the work he completed.

I still worry about my husband every day. It's been 2 months since we lost his dad and I know it is really rough on him. All I can do is continue to be there for him and when he needs me I'm here. It's hard to know what he is going through but I know one day it will be my turn and he will be there for me.

We did have some good news today. My step-son, who has always struggled with school and grades, received his report card today. For the first time ever he made A-B honor roll. We are so proud of him! This is such a huge accomplishment!!

Although my life is hectic right now, I remember that I have so much to be thankful for. I have the most wonderful husband a woman can ask for, beautiful, wonderful children, great friends, a warm home and lots and lots of love.

So here's to another day. Hopefully a little less stress and more time with my family....soon :)

No comments: