Friday, January 23, 2009

You're reading WHAT book???

Sometimes the things the my children say amaze me. This one tonight was worth sharing.

I picked the boys up from their dad's house tonight. We always talk about their day at school and what may be going on in their lives.

My oldest shared with me that he has until Monday to finish his book, so that he can take his AR (Accellerated Reader) quiz.

My youngest (age 10) pipes up from the backseat..."Guess what book I'm reading?? 'Whore-land'!!!" Excuse me!!! I very calmly ask him again "What book did you say you are reading?" He again says "Whore-land" "Let me see your book, please."

He hands me the book and a give out of HUGE sigh of relief....He is reading "Horror-land" a Goosebumps book.

I was beginning to wonder what they are teaching 4th graders now!!

No comments: