Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beautiful day

This was probably one of the most beautiful weekends that we have had in a long time. It will probably be the best one that we will have until next spring. The temperature was just right and the sun was shining all weekend.

We had two football games Saturday afternoon. Caleb's team won their game and finished with a record of 3 - 3. Last year they finishe 0 - 6, so this year was so much better. Caleb made two amazing plays at the end of the game - he was quite the hero. It took me several minutes to get to him - he had several "fans" (parents) congratulating him on his big plays. We will start the tourney either on Wednesday or Saturday.

Logan's team also won their game and have another one next weekend. I didn't make it to that one since I was at Caleb's game.

Saturday night found us at the races. Tristan has been racing in two classes (blue and gold). He typically races in blue but has been practicing in the gold class - kind of getting his feet wet for next year. He did great. He finished 5th in blue (he spun out with 3 laps to go - he said it was spin out or hit the wall, so he chose to spin out). He finished 1st in gold! Way to go, Tristan!!

Sunday, I worked on homework and was able to not only catch up on what I needed to, but I was able to get ahead for the next two weeks! I feel so accomplished with getting that done! Now, I can spend more time with my boys this week!

Thanks to everyone that has been praying for my family. I sincerely appreciate it. My family is so important to me and although I can't be close to some of my family members because of distance, that doesn't mean that I am not close to them. Life has been very difficult lately for many in my family so again, I thank each of you that has sent a few prayers their way.

And to my family, all of my family, I love you! You may not be related to me by blood, you may just be my friend, you may be my co-worker, you may be in my life because of strange circumstances, still, you are still my family. I love you!

No comments: