Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a weekend!

Last week was not good...so I was glad for the weekend.

I spent Friday night hidden away working on homework.




Saturday afternoon found me at my son's football game. It was a much needed diversion from the stresses of the week and my school work. Last year, his team didn't win a game. His coach doesn't focus so much on winning and losing - but on the team work. He develops the children's abilities and teaches them the fundamentals. It is so refreshing to see - because so many of today's coaches have lost sight that that is their job. He is an intense coach, he expects them to come to practices and games and give 100%, as he should expect it. But he encourages them, he congratulates them and he praises them. He doesn't focus on what they have done wrong - but what they have done right and how they can improve upon that and how they can use their team-mates to do it even better next time.


My son (#57) plays defensive end and is usually all over the field - taking out opponents left and right. Saturday was no exception - he played his heart out. This year their team has won 1 game so far. Third quarter and they are down 7 to 12. The coach puts my son in on offense as well as defense at the beginning of the 4th quarter. It was amazing to watch these kids come together. They pulled off the win 14 - 12! Way to go Wolverines!!!






Back home Saturday night and back to hiding to do more homework (I am a little bit behind and need to play catch up). Sunday found me back in hiding working on homework again, but I was also doing laundry and the boys were helping with other housework. I ended up getting caught up on my homework and getting my laundry completely down. My kitchen is clean and my kids are fed!!

WOW!!! I feel great!

No comments: