Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let it go

I woke up this morning to the song by Tim McGraw "Let it Go". The words I woke up to were I know, I know I know I've been forgiven. They made me actually wake up and think. Have I really been forgiven? Do I really let things go?

As I drove to work, I heard it again. We all get caught up in our lives. We get frustrated when things don't go right. But we need to just let it go. We need to remember that we answer to a higher power. We need to look to the Lord when things get us down. Seek Him for our answers. Trust Him. I don't do that often enough...especially now.

Things are very difficult for me right now but I am managing. Or so I think I am. I try my best to let things go. To make the best of every day. To enjoy my time with my children and my husband because they are very important to me. They are my rock and if it weren't for them I would be lost. But more importantly if it weren't for Him I would definitely be lost. Lost in a different way. I need to turn to Him instead of "managing" on my own.

I do know that I have been forgiven, but I do need to do a better job of letting it go or giving it to Him.

Can you let it go?

No comments: