Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Rambling


My boys came home this week. I always miss them when they are gone. The house is "somewhat" emptier when they are not here. Even though my husband is home and we typically have my step-sons for some portion of each evening, life is still a little less "noisy" when my boys are at their dads.

I miss the "noise" when they are gone. Sounds weird, I know. But, that's all I have known for the last 13 years. Giggles and grins, hugs and kisses, pushes and shoves, the normal boy stuff :)

Several weeks ago, I had an epidural steroid injection in my lower back. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I am going back to the orthopedic doctor on Thursday for a different type of injection. I am praying that this injection works. The pain in my back has significantly increased. It has increased so much that I am struggling to get through every day. It is difficult to walk, it is difficult to stand, and it is difficult to even sit. I end up taking a pain pill each evening, and I do not want to do that. I do not want to become dependent upon pain medication. I try to go as long as I can without taking it. It pretty much sucks.

I went to a nursing information session this week. It sure is going to be tough trying to get in. There are over 200 applicants for approximately 45 openings. That means I need to get an A in Anatomy & Physiology I & II and Psychology 2000. These classes be one determining factor of getting in. I also have to take the TEAS test by June. Pray for me :)

Caleb has baseball practice this week. It is really hard to believe that it has started already. That is just fine by me, though. It just means it will be HOT outside very soon and I cannot wait for that.

Well, I think that is enough updates for now. I know they are random thoughts but most of my thoughts lately are quite random.

Have a great weekend,

Chris

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your header!!! How did you make that?

Chris said...

I "created" it through that wonderful site you sent me :) I can't remember the name of it - but this was one of my favorites!