Friday, March 6, 2009

Tired of doctors


I am really getting tired of visiting doctors.

Before I had the massive gallbladder issues in December, I was supposed to have an epidural injection for low back pain. This would be the 2nd injection that I had received. The first one was done 2 1/2 years ago and worked miracles for my low back pain. The pain started coming back about May or June (2008). I put it off as long as I could and finally decided in November that I needed to see the doctor. He took x-rays and decided I needed another injection.

Well, December was not the best month for me, gallbladder issues and all. I called the doctor and postponed my injection.

I finally rescheduled the injection this month and it was done almost 3 weeks ago. No relief from the pain. Actually, it's the same if not a little worse. I went back to the doctor and he scheduled an MRI. I got those results back today. Bulging in two of the disks (that's what was wrong before.) I go back to my doctor on Wednesday to plot my next course of action.

In the meantime, it was time for my annual exam. That brought on a mammogram (normal results!) That also brought inspection of some painful areas (one under my arm and one in my groin area.) The doctor indicated she could feel my lymph nodes - they aren't large but she could feel them.

I am sending my mammogram results to the surgeon (who removed my gallbladder) and see him next week for further inspection of the lymph nodes.

Maybe I should be visiting Dr. House. He may not be nice, but he finds out what is wrong. LOL!
Anyway, it's such fun going to doctors and spending money I don't have. . . but I wanted to keep everyone updated.

On top of all this, I still have lots of schoolwork to complete.

No comments: