Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dinner time


I love to cook...that's no secret. I DESPISE cleaning up...that's no secret. Because of this "small" detail, I don't cook as much as I would like to.

Typically, the week that I have my boys, I cook a whole lot more. I want to make sure they have the nutrition they need without eating out all the time. My husband says he is guaranteed food when the boys are home.

Now, the weeks they aren't home is another story. It really is much harder to cook for just two. I only know how to make massive amounts of food - there is no in-between.

This week, my husband and I have a bet going. He bet me I wouldn't cook and I promised him he would get at least 3 home cooked meals.

Monday, he had salad, rolls, baked potatoes, steak and dessert (Oreo cheesecake).

Tuesday, he had homemade chicken strips, peas, macaroni and cheese and brownies.

Tonight, I am thinking dried beef gravy or beef manhattans.

The dishes are still in the sink from Monday night! So if someone doesn't clean them up - I won't be cooking at all. There's no room left in my kitchen!

I told him not to get used to it....(the messy kitchen - yeah, food every night - not so much!)

No comments: