Friday, February 6, 2009

Shuttin' Detroit Down

I'm not a big John Rich (of the country duo Big & Rich) fan but I do like his new song "Shuttin' Detroit Down". It makes references to Wall Street, New York City Towns, DC and bailouts while farmers are auctioning off their ground. It hits close to home for me and my family.

With the economy going to pot, my husband has been unemployed for almost a year. His job relied on a growing economy and fuel. Fuel went up, economy stopped growing...job went away. We struggle every single day to survive. We are fortunate. We DO survive, he manages to find side jobs along the way, but I wonder how much harder it will get. How much longer we are going to be able to support our family on what little income I bring in.

So, this song is a hit with me. Take a listen. You don't have to agree. I just happen to like what it says.

No comments: