Saturday, February 14, 2009

Week Rundown

I've been a little busy since last weekend so I probably should give a quick rundown.

  • I heard a new Rodney song last week!!!
  • Tristan turned 12 on February 8
  • My dad turned 71 on February 9
  • My last class of HR was on February 11
  • I turned 35 on Friday, February 13
  • A friend of mine had a 12 lb, 1 oz baby girl (Jordyn) on my birthday
  • I spent Friday the 13th (my birthday) at work and then had dinner with my boys at Cracker Barrel
  • I spent Valentine's Day in school and then went to dinner at 5 Guys
  • I spent Valentine's Evening working on homework

That is a rundown on what happened this week.

I had a great birthday! I think I received almost 30 well wishes on my facebook page, tons of text messages and even more phone calls. My co-workers baked me a cake and celebrated with me. My father called and sang Happy Birthday to me for the first time ever (he usually calls - but has never called and sang!)

The boys and I went to Cracker Barrel and really had a great time. It was wonderful to spend a couple hours with them since this is their week at their dad's house.

Valentine's Day was spent at school (UGGHH), working on homework, and then my hubby and I went out to eat. He was really craving a good burger so we went to a place called 5 Guys. If you want a burger that tastes like you cooked it try 5 Guys. It was pretty awesome!

Oh, Rodney has a new song that you can download for free! It is an amazing song called "The River Knows". I cannot wait for his new CD to come out (which it should be by the end of March). If his first release (It's America) and the new song "The River Knows" are any indication of what kind of songs are on the CD-it is going to be amazing!!!!

To hear "The River Knows" go to www.people.com/free and you can listen and download it.

To hear "It's America" go to http://www.rodneyatkins.com/ or www.myspace.com/rodneyatkins.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and for making this week such a great one!

I love my friends and family! You all mean so much to me!

Have a great week!

Chris

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Delivering a 12 lb baby! That is crazy. That makes Logan (10 lbs 6 oz) look tiny. WHOA!

Sounds like you had a busy week - but it still sounded like a good one. :)