Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend is over :(

The weekend started out pretty rocky. I came home to a pretty sick household on Friday. My husband was dizzy and lightheaded. Every time he would stand he said the room would spin. By the end of the night, I wasn't feeling well, couldn't breathe and the beginnings of a serious chest cold began to set in.

I had class Saturday morning and needed Glen to get Caleb to basketball practice, plus he needed to take Tristan to sign up for racing. Not a good time for him to be getting dizzy and lightheaded.

Quick email to the instructor that I wouldn't be in class because my family and their health and safety is much more important to me. I took NyQuil and headed to bed early.

Saturday morning my husband was feeling better and I still felt yuck. He and Tristan were working on the "farmhouse" that Tristan got for his birthday. If you ask me it's a dollhouse, but whatever. He is building it so he can sell it to make money. We then took the boys bowling Saturday night for Tristan's birthday.

Logan
Caleb
Tristan
Tyler
After bowling, we decided to grab a bite to eat and since we were celebrating Tristan's birthday we let him pick. We ended up at Steak & Shake because he wanted a free dessert for his birthday. Little did he know that the free dessert came with strings...
Tristan was quite red in the face when he asked for the free sundae for his birthday and he ended up having the restaurant sing to him! It was hilarious!

Sunday, I worked on homework, helped Caleb finish a project for school and finished some laundry that I started on Saturday. Glen and I took Tyler and Caleb to Red Robin for dinner. This is the first time that either him or I had been there. It was pretty good. Massive sized burgers...but they come with a massive size price.

All in all, the weekend was good. I still don't feel great and am getting ready to take more NyQuil but I really enjoyed my family time.

Tomorrow is my dad's 71st birthday. What an amazing thing. I can't believe that my dad is 71!! He doesn't look it at all. My post tomorrow will be dedicated to him :)

Have a great night!

No comments: